Applicants of limited means
In accordance with our charitable purpose, most of our accommodation is only available to rent to retired people of limited means. Our housing team will require evidence of this as part of your application.
Some accommodation at Whiteley Village is available to those who can fund themselves. We offer residential care at Ingram House and high-dependency nursing care at the Eliza Palmer Hub. There are also a small number of rental and leasehold purchase options available in the Village. Please contact us for more information.
Regretfully, at the present time we are unable to offer accommodation to any new residents with diagnosis of dementia. If someone develops dementia whilst living at Whiteley, we may be able to support them depending on the complexity of their needs.
You can view the full list of services that we offer within each area here.
To qualify as a resident under the terms of our charity, you must:
- Be of UK state pension age or above
- In receipt of a UK state pension or pension credits, and be entitled to housing benefit and other benefits
- Have limited capital assets
- Have been living in the UK for more than five years.
We prioritise applicants according to need so please contact us if:
- If you have an urgent welfare need (i.e you are unable to access your property fully, or get to your local community, or you are a victim of anti-social behaviour)
- If you are currently homeless or worried you may become homeless
- If you don’t have the ability to pay for your own home and are potentially eligible for state support
- If you think you may need respite care now, or in the near future.